zoo

zoo

Monday, October 3, 2011

Surprise!

Simon's grandma came over last night to celebrate her birthday with us. As we're eating our dinner, Simon said, "We have a surprise for you and it's a movie and a puzzle."
"Simon!", I said, trying to get him to stop telling  his grandma what presents she would be getting.
 He looked at me and yelled, "WHAT!?!" Grandma was a great sport and pretended to be surprised anyway, since Simon wanted her to.

Simon asked if the cockroach that I've spent the better part of the morning trying to get rid of is a dog. That's how big it is. The score right now is cockroach: 1 (I jumped about three feet when it made its' appearance, and squeaked) Jodie: 0 (right now, it is randomly poking its' head out from between our oven hood and the wall. I think it's mocking me).

Simon:"I'm going to get a surprise and it's a robot with a camera and it goes (insert gun noises). Deal?"
Me:"We'll buy you a toy if you go poop in the potty." (we're desperate)
Simon: "That's not how it works! I get a surprise without going poop."
Me: "No, you have to use the bathroom like a big boy. Robots go to the bathroom." (Did I mention that I'm desperate?)
Simon: "Aaaah! I'm overreacting!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment