zoo

zoo

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yesterday when he was supposed to be sleeping, Simon was laying on his bed saying, "Octagon" over and over in a sing-song voice.

Simon: "Guess what, Jodie? You're Mom!"

This one actually happened on Tuesday, but I'm writing it down now before I forget about it completely. We were at the store (one where Simon sometimes gets to pick out a small toy). Simon was riding in the cart. Suddenly, he was trying to hug me and he wanted to hold my hand and cuddle. He gave me a particularly big hug, then said (in a tone of great surprise), "Oh! There are some toys!"

I was reading Simon one of those ridiculous Star Wars books, the kind that has pictures from the movies posted everywhere with captions. I pointed to a picture and said, "Look, Simon. It's Jengo Fett." Simon gave me a look of disapproval and said, "No, it's Bo-bo Fett! Silly, Mom."
I was right, but why argue over it with a three year old? Haha!

Last night, Simon told a friend that he was going to be a firefighter and "that's good enough for me". I love the phrases he uses!

This morning, Jeff was reading Simon the story of the good Samaritan. Simon asked, "Were those bad guys mean to Moses?" Jeff had to explain that he Moses wasn't in that story. 

Simon: "Mom, don't say to behave. It's inappropriate!"

No comments:

Post a Comment