zoo

zoo

Monday, March 5, 2012

Those kind of girls

Good morning! These are from Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

We were playing Go Fish with Simon (he was cheating). Jeff was trying to explain the rules and Simon said, "I don't know about this."

We were helping Simon put together a puzzle. He was about to put the last piece in and he said, "I have a bad feeling about this."

Simon asked me a question about penguins. I answered him and he said, "Tell me more." He had a look of intense concentration on his face.

Simon: "Our windchime is dinging! It's making beautiful music!"

The other night I stopped into Panda. I don't think I've been to one of those since Simon was born. It was definitely foreign to him. He waited in the car with Jeff while I ran in and out. Jeff told me about this conversation that the two of them had:
Simon: "Is Mom on of those kinds of girls?"
Jeff: "What kind?"
Simon: "Those kind."
Jeff: 'The kind that likes Panda food?"
Simon: "Yes."
Jeff: "Unfortunately she is."
Simon: "It's okay. Maybe she wanted to try something new."

I was in the bathroom yesterday and suddenly I saw some fingers inch their way under the door. Then I heard Simon yell into the small gap between the door and the floor, "Mom, I'm giving you privacy!"

There's a little wooden bridge on the way to the church parking lot that Simon loves to run across. Usually, he stays on the path, but yesterday he was all over the place. Jeff took Simon aside and said to him: "See the pretty bushes and the grass that's nicely trimmed? That's called landscaping. We want to be respectful of that okay?"
Ha ha ha! I can't even think about that without laughing!

Simon: "Mom, I'm defeating the crack heads!"
Me: "What!?!"
Simon: "Those bad guys that like crackers!"
I still have no idea where that came from, but at least it wasn't what it sounded like.

No comments:

Post a Comment