zoo

zoo

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Jumping on the neighbors

Simon saw a bug this morning. Having seen me "take care" of a bug before, he grabbed my shoe and slammed it down on the bug. Then he picked the shoe up, looked, and said, "Oh no! I smushed my buggy friend! Please forgive me!"

Jeff: "I wonder if mixing coffee and ovaltine would taste good?"
Simon: "It's worse a try!"
I think he meant "it's worth a try".

Every morning we wave to Jeff as he leaves for work. Simon always yells something (that Jeff can't hear, since we're waving out the window), usually a thank-you for whatever toy he's playing with at the moment. Yesterday, he shook things up a bit: "I hope you drive safe! Thanks for having Uncle Ryan come over!"

Simon decided to try jump roping in the house. When I told him not to, he said, "I won't jump on the neighbors. Promise!"
Guess who hears the phrase "We've got neighbors" at least one a week?

Simon: "I have a germ on my stomach?"
Me: "Just one germ? On your stomach?"
Simon: "Yes."
Me: "Well, you're getting a bath. That germ will come right off."
Simon: "Thank goodness! I was getting worried."

No comments:

Post a Comment