zoo

zoo

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dirty Bird

Simon: "God follows me everywhere. He's in my shadow."

After Simon woke up from his nap yesterday (he actually took one) I asked if he would give me a hug. He answered, "Sure! I just need to stretch first."

Simon: "Mom, you burped. You should be embarrassed. "
The funny thing? I hadn't burped.

Simon came running into my room this morning. Instead of yelling his usual "The light is green!", he was shouting, "What's the plan for today? What's the plan for today?"

Simon: "We're skipping my bath. It's okay if I'm a dirty bird 'cause Legos can't smell."
He obviously wanted to play Legos instead of bathing.

Yesterday Simon decided his stuffed Big Bird was a parrot. Of course I went along with his little game. This morning I asked if he could put his parrot back on his bed. Simon patted my arm  (rather condescendingly) and said, "Mom, don't you know? Big Bird's not a parrot. It's okay, though. You can say he is if you want."

No comments:

Post a Comment