zoo

zoo

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Discovery

Simon dropped his head into his hands and yelled, "Oh no! A cowlick!"

Simon: "I hurt my neck. Please get rid of it."
Me: "Oh, buddy, it will go away on its' own. I can't really do much to get rid of that hurt."
Simon: "No, I meant get rid of my neck."
Oh.

Simon: "Let's play Discovery."
Me: "How do you play that?"
Simon: "You discover bad guys, then you defeat them and realize they're your best friends."

Simon kept craning his neck in weird ways. I finally asked what he was doing and he said: "I can't see my bum!"
Me: "Why are you trying to see your bum?"
Simon: "To see if I'm a giraffe."
Me: "Why would a giraffe look at its' bum?"
Simon (as if it's the most obvious thing in the world): "To see if it has a tail."

Simon: "I want to go birdwatching."
Me: "Do you know how to do that?"
Simon: "By using, b-noculors, of course! And a camera, and paint to paint on the birds. Will they even come close to me?"
Me: "Probably not. Birds are skittish. Do you remember what that means?"
Simon: "They get startled easy. But there's more to it: bird balloons. It's something that a balloon with no strings. You just do a show with it by playing with it any way you want to and make the birds happy."

I did take him outside. I forgot to put batteries in the camera, which is too bad. It was so funny to see him stopping to stare at every tree, bird, and bug with his binoculars. He did get to see an eagle, which was pretty cool.

Me: "Simon, I need you to do your chore, please." (His chore is to make his bed)
Simon: "Okay, but no allowance please 'cause money has germs!"

No comments:

Post a Comment