zoo

zoo

Friday, July 5, 2013

The Fourth of July






The Fourth of July is always celebrated a little differently at our house, since Simon is afraid of fireworks, loud noises, bouncy houses, and crowds. This year we took him to see Despicable Me 2 (great movie!),and  out to Moe's for lunch. Later on, we had drumstick ice cream (his first time), followed by watching fireworks out our window and on TV. By the end of the night, Simon was jumping up and down, banging on the sliding glass door. I think next year he'll actually be fine going to see the fireworks. Yay!
Simon also tied his own shoes for the first time yesterday. I'm so proud!

Simon walked up to me when "New York, New York" started to play, stuck his hand out, and asked, "May I have this dance?". It was so sweet!

Simon: "These fireworks are so beautiful! They're the most awesomeist things I've ever seen! But they're not as good as God."

Simon: "I feel bad for the birds, 'cause they're going to get hit by a firework and explode."
Simon is working on a puzzle of the U.S. He said, "Texas? That's where Aunt Amber ,and Uncle Mike ,and Aunt Ashlea ,and Cousin Nathean are! We should go there! It's only one state away, after all."
I said, "There's a lot more than one state between us,buddy."
Simon answered, "Not right now. I didn't put those pieces in yet."

Simon: "I want to be a prophet when I grow up."
Jeff: "You'll have to talk to God about that."

No comments:

Post a Comment