zoo

zoo

Friday, September 7, 2012

Not Much of a Singer

I told Simon that the radio station in the car kept playing the same five songs and that we should bring our own music next time. He answered, "Well, I'm not much of a singer. I just know the Spiderman song."

Simon: "How many letters are in your name?"
Me: "Five. Just like in your name."
Simon: "No, you have three! M-O-M. That's three, silly face."




This morning when I went in to wake Simon up, all that was visible was a slightly twitching pile of blankets. When I pulled the blankets back, Simon (who was very wide-awake) beamed up at me and said, "Is it school time yet?"
Simon: "I love you, Mom."
Me: "I love you too."
Simon: "Mom, I love you. I love you, Mom. I love you a lot. I have to keep saying so. I can't help myself."
I'm waiting to see what he did that he's trying to avoid punishment for.


I asked Simon what he wanted to get Jeff for his birthday (we're celebrating this weekend). So far, he's said that he wants to give him a Lego Star Wars set, Halo guys, and a transformer toy. I wonder who Simon is really shopping for?


Simon: "I showed God's love at school today!"

Me: "How did you do that?"
Simon: "Well...I was going to help Ms. Lynn clean up but instead I wandered around."
Me: "How were you showing God's love, then?"
Simon: "I was very quiet when I didn't clean up."
Hahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment