zoo

zoo

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Something in Common

Simon asked suspiciously, "Is today a school day?"
When Jeff said yes, Simon said, "I knew it!"

Simon: "I can't go to school today."
Jeff: "Why not?"
Simon: "It's too much fun. I can't handle it."

Simon: "Mom, you're a slow poke. I'm a fast poke!"

Simon: "Am I adorable?"
Me: "Sometimes you're very adorable."
Simon: "Thanks, that's good to know."

Simon: "Mom, did you have a dog?"
Me: "No, I've never had a dog of my own."
Simon: "That's something we have in common."

Simon: "S'Barro's! Indescribably good!"

Simon gave me a kiss and said, "Mom, God gave me you because He loves me so much!"
That made my day!

Me: "Simon, do you want to give your teacher a Christmas present?"
Simon: "Yes! I want to give her those things I wear on my arms so I don't sink when I go swimming."
Me: "Floaties?"
Simon: "Yeah. Except she probably can swim, so...I'll get her shoes instead."
Me: "That's sweet of you, but I was thinking maybe we could make her cookies, or something."
Simon (sighing): " Yeah, I guess so."

No comments:

Post a Comment